At Odessa Regional Medical Center, we strive to provide a welcome environment that promotes healing, respects privacy and provides high quality care for all patients.
The following guidelines promote and enhance our family-centered care focus:
- Only two (2) visitors are allowed in a patient room at any time.
- Children of immediate relation to the patient (i.e. son/daughter) are allowed to visit but limited to 2 hours per day.
- Children are not allowed to visit in CCU, OR or Cath Lab.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated
Odessa Regional Medical Center welcomes families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital. We understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care.
General Visiting Hours
General visiting hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Extended visiting hours may be arranged at the discretion of the patient’s physician and the nursing supervisor. Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
ORMC has the following general guidelines for visitors. Nurses may have additional visitor guidelines based on the patient’s or patient’s roommate’s condition.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short. Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- All visitors are responsible for conducting themselves in a polite and considerate manner. Any visitors who exhibit threatening behavior or use abusive or profane language will be requested to leave the facility.
- Some families may have special circumstances that don’t follow our visiting hours policy. Special needs are considered a priority. Please tell the Charge Nurse or Unit Manager of your requests and every effort will be made to meet any special needs that arise.
Critical Care Unit Visiting Hours
Special visiting hours are in place for patients in the Critical Care Unit. You may visit the CCU during the following hours 8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. and 7:45 to 9 p.m.
We kindly ask that visitors are limited to two at a time inside CCU patient rooms unless special arrangements have been made with the patient’s nurse. Comfortable waiting areas are provided nearby. When visiting patients in the CCU please follow these guidelines:
- Due to increased risk of infection, children under the age of 14 are not allowed to visit
- If you are ill, please ask a nurse for a mask before entering a patient room
- Please use alcohol foam wash provided in CCU before and after entering a patient room
- To protect the privacy of all of our patients, please do not visit in the CCU hallway
Parking for patients and visitors is available all around the hospital in adjacent parking lots. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car. If something happens which causes you to need assistance with your vehicle, please call the hospital operator by dialing 0.
Visitor Waiting Areas
The hospital provides spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas throughout the facility. Vending machines offering a wide range of snack foods are located in all waiting areas. During certain hours, a volunteer hostess may be on duty in the Surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
ORMC has a cafeteria located on both East and West campuses that are opened Monday through Friday. The cafeterias provide a wide range of healthy selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including daily hot entrees, a salad bar and a variety of desserts.
- Breakfast: East Campus 7:00 am to 9:00 am and West Campus 6:30 am to 9:00 am
- Lunch: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Cafeterias are not open for dinner.
Patient guests can order a guest tray for $5 by going to the Information Desk at the front entrance of both campuses. Guests will be able to order from the same list of delicious foods that are available to our patients.
The Secret Garden Gift Shop has a location in the lobby of both the East and West Campus. The gift shops are open from 10 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. The shop is closed on all major holidays. The gift shops are full of wonderful items such as baby gifts, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries and flowers, to name a few. The gift shop can be reached at 582-8299.
ORMC’s chapel is located on the first floor of our East Campus.